Sunday, September 25, 2016

Lead Doesn't Bleed!

When I first heard about what some of my gaming buddies did as a side business/hobby - 3mm minis for wargaming - I thought to myself: wow, these guys are Ur-Nerds, and wow, this is too cool!! While I'm definitely more of a 3.5 kinda gal (and rapidly loving Cthulhu as well), I've never been so much into boardgames that require a lot of using of rulers and sticks and such. I know, that sounds stupid since others would be like, "And dice are more real? Come on." But whatevs, I like my magic casters and spells! 

For the record, I have been known to get into a game or two of Star Wars Armada so I kinda get the idea of formations and rulers and such. But I'm just not so much about the historical battles. There, confession made! Let's move on :)

Lead Doesn't Bleed - Politically incorrect, Family-Unfriendly War Gaming Blog has introduced me to the fact that there are actually 2mms as well in this gaming universe?!?!? Really?? And he's got some amazing posts of these 3mms for some Ogre game that I'm still trying to figure out. The painting is fantastic, and I'm realizing we need a better camera for our painting project because there is no way any of our phones, no matter how S7 they are, will get this level of detail. Check out the blog post here. But my fave pic from that post is definitely this one, called "Mama Spank" :)




I'm highlighting them also because they link to PicoArmor! Whoohoo!! My Pico-Nerds are super thrilled that I'm finding all of these references and connections for them through my little blogging time I can put in. I think it is great that this hobby is totally blowing up and that younger people and (maybe??!?) more people from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds will make this community even more fun and vibrant over time. Insofar as nice clean fun, this is totally it - and encouraging more young people to think about rules and strategy and good gamesmanship can't be all that much of a waste of time, no?





No comments:

Post a Comment